Today's post was inspired by the fact that I can't seem to create anything these days without using my black fine point marker. I use it all the time!!! Here are ten ideas to inspire you to use yours more. I also want to share a link to another feature we did on doodling that I think you may find some additional inspiration in! Have fun playing and share your creations with us!
1. Make journaling the focus of your layout.
Practical Scrapper Patty used her black pen to make the journaling on her page the focus.
2. Frame your layoutPractical Scrapper Karen used a black pen to doodle and frame the layout, to add journaling in the word bubble, and to color the side of a black embossed chipboard embellishment.
3. Doodle flowersPractical Scrapper Liz used a black pen to doodle some small flowers near her clusters and to make a hand drawn border.
4. Use it with a stencil to create an interesting background
Practical Scrapper Audrey used stencils to trace the circles on her layout.
5. Outline elements on your layout to create a bolder look with clear lines
Practical Scrapper Christine utilizes this technique a lot, try it once....it will completely change the look of your project! Go slowly as you outline so you don't have to cover up too many mishaps.
6. Create a border doing some doodling and coloring in
Practical Scrapper Alumni Erika Hayes created this layout showing off a really unique and one of a kind border. Imagine taking it a step further even and adding in some color to it!
7. Change the look of a title with doodling
Practical Scrapper Alumni Sarah used a black marker to completely alter the look of her title.
8. Outline letter stickers
Practical Scrapper Christine layed down her letter stickers, before doing that she stuck them to her shirt to remove enough stickyness to make them removable, she traced the first and then did the second and third. Adding stickers upped the interest even more.
9. Enhance Die Cuts or stickers with doodling
Practical Scrapper Christine jazzed up her clouds and kites with some simple doodling and outlining.
1O. Create an artistic background using doodling
Practical Scrapper Erin created this amazing masterpiece...makes you want to be adventurous and doodle!